Login    Register

Intro Joseph

Mission Statement, Member Intro's, Help Topics
  • Author
Intro Joseph

Unread postby Joseph » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:42 pm

My friend Brian Sprinkle (Sparklz) introduced me to this group. Like Brian I retired from CMPD but not as a sworn officer. I was the computer guy who took care of all of the laptops and modems in the patrol cars.
I have been riding motorcycles since 1970 and have ridden many different brands to include Kawasaki, Suzuki, Victory, Harley-Davidson, and having sold my BMW K1200LT I now ride a BMW K1600 GTL.
I am all about motorcycle safety. I first became a MSF RiderCoach in 2003 and a Harley-Davidson Rider's Edge Instructor in 2004. I also work with Ride Smart Inc. and worked with Mark Brown on his Begin2Ride classes at MotoMark1. I continue to train as much as I can to keep my skills up and be as safe a rider as I can. Gary Lackey may remember working with me at Mitchell CC back in the day. I enjoy riding day rides as well as long 2 and 3 week trips out west. I try to take at least one 3 week trip to Wyoming/Colorado/etc. each year. With the exception of the one or two weeks in January and February when the roads are slick I ride year round.
Although I have a Davidson, NC mailing address I actually live about half way between Mooresville and Kannapolis just off Highway 3 in Cabarrus County.
I look forward to riding with you.

Joseph Stephens Jr
Joseph

Re: Intro Joseph

Unread postby Bob » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi Joseph, welcome aboard! <welc>

You mentioned taking longer trips out west--well we're in the midst of planning one out to SD/WY/CO right now. Check out the "Future Events & Rallies" forum for the MSTA trip. Hope to see you on a ride soon. Hell, I just hope to HAVE a ride soon, lol. Dang weather. <banghd>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Welcome! This is an active ride group and hope to see you soon. Many of us are retired so we get to pick our days though weather hasn't cooperated much lately. My truck is covered with road salt from being out and about yesterday and today. We need some rain to wash that crap off the roads.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Yarbi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Welcome Joseph to the group. You won't find a better bunch of people to ride with. I live in Denver, NC not too far from you. Look forward to riding with you when the weather warms up a bit. Don Yarbrough
Yarbi

Unread postby Brick » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Joseph,
Welcome! Sounds like you too are one of us!! <olfart>

I too look forward to riding with you... when I get back from the trip I'm leaving on, tomorrow or Saturday. Going out to ride Baja, Mexico!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby beachy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:20 am

Hi Joseph,I'm over in Concord not too far away good bunch good rides. welcome
beachy

NAME: Ladd Beach