Login    Register

Motoport / Cycleport Gear

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Motoport / Cycleport Gear

Unread postby 007 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm looking at buying some of their stuff. It isn't cheap, but I am hoping it will function better than anything I own with less maintenance and less weight. Not like I maintain my leathers, but they start looking sorta grungy after a while. I'm thinking $2K and I have gear for life. Anybody use their stuff or consider it? I will probably get their Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket and the GP2 air mesh pants with quad armor to max out protection and the multi-part liners with heated stuff. My only reservation is styling changes and if I get the wrong color, I'm stuck with it.

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Re: Motoport / Cycleport Gear

Unread postby 007 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Bueller?

Unread postby Bob » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:21 pm

I don't know much about this stuff but isn't it a pure mesh, i.e. in colder weather you have to wear windproof/heated gear underneath? I'm sure it does what they say it does, but for me there would have be a more "cost-effective" alternative. :lol: Cause once you sink that much into it, you are definitely stuck with it.

Edit: I knew a guy a few years ago that bought it--seems like it was pretty stiff--might be different now.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Brick » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:13 pm

I too think it really looks like it should be the bomb! Gary Christophe got some of it but I don't think he wears it much any more b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby 007 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:15 am

Bob wrote:I don't know much about this stuff but isn't it a pure mesh, i.e. in colder weather you have to wear windproof/heated gear underneath? I'm sure it does what they say it does, but for me there would have be a more "cost-effective" alternative. :lol: Cause once you sink that much into it, you are definitely stuck with it.

Edit: I knew a guy a few years ago that bought it--seems like it was pretty stiff--might be different now.

The multipart liner has an outer wind/waterproof liner with an additional inner heated liner for the cold stuff. This way you can layer for the appropriate conditions. The mesh isn't supposed to be stiff, and the stretch is supposed to allow for comfort in the tucked position without too much bunching when upright.

The idea is to fit in a bit more rather than the boy-racer look of my current gear, but maintain sporting intentions. They advertise more protection than leather at lighter weight, but I am curious to know why motogp doesn't use it if that is the case. It does speak volumes for street use that police departments are using it. They usually don't over-spend on anything and doubt they are willing to suffer any more than they have to.

Unread postby tireatr » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:14 am

Check ADV rider. Lots of gear there and I've seen motoport listed
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Unread postby Bob » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:23 pm

tireatr wrote:Check ADV rider. Lots of gear there and I've seen motoport listed

I just looked at the http://advrider.com/index.php?forums/gear.54/ and theres a BUNCH of Motoport stuff for sale there, with lots of pics and comments that would also be helpful in making up your mind. Take a look there before you buy. (you have to be signed in to see the "Flea market")
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR