Login    Register

Thank you for the help with communication.

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Thank you for the help with communication.

Unread postby philter » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:40 pm

I could never get my Scala Rider Q2 to work well so my wife and I could communicate when riding. I had purchased a set of MU350r radios so I could ride with you cofsta guys in the mountains, and that worked great. The other day it dawned on me that I could have my wife keep one of the radios in her pocket and we could use them, in conjunction with the Scala Rider Q2's. So I paired the second MU350r with my wifes Scala RIder, problem solved. I can talk with my PTT button, and, since she isn't driving, she can reach in her pocket and use the talk button on the MU350r, and talk to me. SWEET. This shouldn't have to be, the Scala Riders should pair up with no problem, but we could never get them to stay paired and it was a real pain in the --- to lose communication and have to pull over or go without on a long ride. Thanks, Phil
philter

Re: Thank you for the help with communication.

Unread postby Bob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Creative approach to problem solving! How is the audio when the radios are that close together? Whenever I have used 2 radios within a few feet of each other, the audio seems to be scratchy with some feedback & howling occasionally. But if it works.....too bad those Scala's wont stay connected. I thought Sena had the franchise on bugginess. Hey--there may be an upside to this arrangement--less chatter. <muaha>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby LeeDavis » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:15 pm

I'll bet every one of us has a comm setup that's at least a little different than anyone else's. There're many ways to skin that cat!
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Bob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:44 pm

beemerbob wrote: Whenever I have used 2 radios within a few feet of each other, the audio seems to be scratchy with some feedback & howling...

Actually, I have gotten feedback, screeching, and howling whenever I rode with a pillion on the back, radios or no radios. <muaha>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR