Login    Register

Game changer(s) from SENA !!

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Game changer(s) from SENA !!

Unread postby Bob » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:05 am

Has anyone seen this yet? A noise-cancelling helmet (not modular though <banghd> ). This may not sound like a breakthrough to you unless you have experienced electronic noise cancelling. I have, and still have a set of NC headphones I used back in my flying days. It is truly amazing technology and would enable you to ride earplug-free while listening to stereo high-fidelity music if you wanted to. And of course you can easily hear anything else coming from your headphones. I would think a modular helmet will follow--or maybe an add-on system you can install yourself... <pop>

http://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Game changer from SENA

Unread postby LeeDavis » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:38 am

I'm interested and like you I prefer a flip face helmet if it's possible. From looking at the release there are a lot of pieces to make the technology work which have to be very specifically integrated into the helmet.

Here's WebBikeWorld's take. There's a short blurb where they got to try it out at the trade show where Sena announced. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcyc ... review.htm
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Re: Game changer from SENA

Unread postby Bob » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Interesting comments there, in particular re. venting, which might introduce more noise. And those silicone ear cups probably add a bit of weight, hence the carbon fiber shell trying to cut the weight back. I have a feeling more mfgrs will be following.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Replacement for the 20S ?

Unread postby Bob » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Re: Game changer(s) from SENA !!

Unread postby Patriot » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:53 pm

I wonder if you would have to send the helmet back to Sena if the comm developed an issue or stopped working? As long as you have a back up I guess it would not be a big concern. Still something to consider.
Patriot

Unread postby Bob » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Patriot wrote:I wonder if you would have to send the helmet back to Sena if the comm developed an issue or stopped working? As long as you have a back up I guess it would not be a big concern. Still something to consider.

Something tells me the electronic module is probably plug and play, snaps out pretty easily for service. If it didn't, I would not consider the helmet. But I doubt thats a "feature" they would play up, since its only important if the unit fails, and most new buyers don't wanna hear that stuff. Also, with Sena's reputation of making the early adopters "beta testers', I would wait quite a while before buying one. <banghd>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Brick » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:27 pm

I just saw a video on this helmet... They said 6 to $700. With the noise canceling technology. And improvements to SMH10 & 20 plus a new 10S.
All sounds interesting.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR