Login    Register

Signaturecd.com- M/C Paint protection kits

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Signaturecd.com- M/C Paint protection kits

Unread postby Patriot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:47 am

I have used XPEL paint protection on the front bumper, headlights, fenders, and entire hood of my cars and trucks with great results. With a little reading and research I found a company that makes a laser cut Paint protection kit for bikes. The paint protection kits are not cheap, but the material really holds up and is very very tough and does prevent damage from road debris, stone chips, missiles etc. I had a left over piece of XPEL and cut a pattern for my LED glass headlight and applied it…tough strong protection. You cannot see it unless you really get up close to the HL.

So this past Tuesday evening I received my paint protection package I ordered from Signaturecd.com which took about 8 days to arrive from Greece. The kit arrived in a strong map tube, well shipped and in perfect condition. Wednesday morning I got busy prepping my bike cleaning all surfaces with alcohol. You need to get the wax and any polish off the painted surfaces and aluminum panniers so the material can adhere properly. Rubbing alcohol works perfect for this. I really took my time cleaning the surfaces starting at 0800 and finishing the install at about 1:30 pm. It was like assembling a jig saw puzzle lol and actually fun. If you built car and truck models and applied decals to the models as a kid, at least I did, you are qualified lol.

The material is essentially a 3m clear polyurethane pre cut bike specific pattern as you will see in the link below. Each piece is laser cut perfectly to fit each panel you wish to protect. I applied the material to the entire painted area of my tank (I run a tank bag), and beak and painted area on the front of beak, the side of the tank gets a matt clear, a perfect match to the BMW silver matt paint. I also applied this material to the four sides of both panniers. No more cleaning/polishing aluminum panniers, (no more oxidation). Now I use only warm soap and water and finish up plexus and a micro fiber cloth on a dry bike.

So after the install was complete, I rolled the bike out into direct sunlight which helped cure the material and evaporate/dry the moisture under the material.

The videos on the below website give you a pretty good idea of how to apply the material. Its really not hard to install, but you must have a good rubber squeegee a spray bottle with a few drops of liquid soap or baby shampoo filled with water and most of all be willing to put the time in the time to do it right. I thought about posting pics, but you cannot see the material with a camera lens at all. The professional installer of XPEL that has done my cars and trucks over the years taught me a few very important pointers which really helped during the install. If you decide to order a kit, I would be glad to help or share application pointers. As mentioned, its really not hard to install.

I plan on keeping my 15 ADV for a long time and this will certainly help keep the paint looking good and much much easier to keep up.
So I give a <thumb> to Signaturecd.com for a high quality protection kit that fit perfectly and installs easily.

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a kit.

FWIW…..

https://signaturecd.com/product/bmw-r12 ... rotection/

Dave
Patriot

Re: Signaturecd.com- M/C Paint protection kits

Unread postby Brick » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:10 am

I use a clear product like this on the headlights on my Super Tenere'.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR