Login    Register

Gordon Gerbing

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Gordon Gerbing

Unread postby Brick » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:06 pm

I signed up for their email list.

Stay Warm this Winter
View this email in your browser

Dear David Brickner

We are glad you signed up for our mailing list. Some of you signed up a day or two ago, and some signed up as long ago as the end of last December. As promised, we will only activate this list occasionally, and this is our first use. Here we offer a 10% discount until Oct 12 only to our subscribers, in addition to our $39 package discount which is always offered.

We are the Gerbing family, the inventors of the heated jacket liner way back in the 1970's, with all those decades of experience and innovation. Now we have a new company, a small family business named for Gordon Gerbing, who founded our original company, and is now the grandfather of our youngest Gerbing employees.

Our first innovation for our new company is that we are almost certainly the only heated clothing company in which everything we sell is made right here in the USA.
Jacket Liner. Surround yourself with heat, from the inventors of the original.
Deerskin Gloves. Beautiful, soft, flexible, and durable. These gloves are likely the best gloves you will ever wear.
Heat Controller. Large buttons make it easy to control while riding even with gloves, never taking your eyes off the road.
Our $39 package discount for buying all three products is automatic at our web site. To indicate the 10% by-product discount, enter the word MailList when asked for a coupon. If you have any questions, call us at 844-4WARMTH (844-492-7684). Visit our web site at gordonsheated.com.

Thank you again for your interest and your choice of Made in the USA products.

The Gerbing Family

Jacket Liner
$215.10, 10% off $239
Go to Web Page

Deerskin Gloves
$179.10, 10% off $199
Go to Web Page

Heat Controller
$89.10, 10% off $99
Go to Web Page
Copyright [COPYRIGHT SIGN] 2015 Gordon's Heated Clothing, All rights reserved.
Hello from Gordon's

Our mailing address is:
Gordon's Heated Clothing
500 E Gerbing View Dr
PO Box 95Union, WA 98592-0095

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Re: Gordon Gerbing

Unread postby Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm

So now I'm in the market for heated pants liner, but Gordon doesn't make one. And now it seems that Gerbings has once again SOLD OUT so they no longer have to honor their warrantees again. http://gydesupply.com/our-story/

Looking at Warm & Safe stuff now--they make a pant liner out of spandex, with no insulation or windblocker, like heated long underwear. I hate the feeling of no air circulation even when its cold.... http://www.warmnsafe.com/generation-4-m ... nts-liner/
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Brick » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm

Damn... That sucks. I like the idea of the heated spandex... as long as no one sees me in spandex. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
But I don't like that the heat is only in certain areas. WTF... I want heat everywhere!
Sorry man!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

Unread postby Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Brick, which kind/model do you have? Are they wind-proof? I thought all the pants had heat in just certain areas, i.e. front of legs mainly. If I get these I'll report on them. But no pics of spandex lol. <grin>

They sound really comfortable, not bulky like most.

Edit: On order.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Brick » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Mine are the non Gordon Gerbing... Gerbing pants. I bought them before Gordon made the latest comeback. Yes they are a wind-proof type.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

Heated pants liner review

Unread postby Bob » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 pm

My heated pants liner (First Gear) arrived today while I was out riding--great service from Revzilla. However, its going back. The concept sounded neat but the actual product just doesn't look like it will work very well. At 40 watts, it doesn't create much heat (tried it in the garage). There are LOTS of bulky wires inside this thing--comfortable? Not really. I would still have to wear some sort of windproof liner over it--so whats the point? In today's ride, I wore a thin polyester Patagonia long underwear base layer underneath a lightly insulated windproof Olympia pants liner--all this inside my Olympia outer shell which breathes a bit--and wasn't overly bulky. We started out at 45F and sunny and I was comfortable from the start. It reached to the mid-50's by Morganton and then we ascended 3-4K feet and were back around 40-45F for most of the mtns route. My lower body never felt cold--or even cool--just perfect all day. I was also pleased that my legs never felt clammy, as they had felt wearing only the insulated windproof liner---so the Patagonia base layer made the difference, I guess it wicked moisture away from my skin. So I think I found a combination that works for my lower half--without resorting to heated pants. PLUS--when I asked Brick how he liked his heated pants, he told me he never wears them cause he doesn't need them! <dope> Case closed.

From the waist up, my Gerbings heated jacket liner is a must-have. But I'd like an easier to use controller, i.e. push button maybe. Hard to turn those little knobs with thick gloves on. And heated grips plus wind-proof gloves obviate the need for heated gloves. For me anyway.

For anyone who hasn't tried cold-weather riding but wonders what its like, with the right gear its better than summer riding any day! <rdr>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Brick » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:35 am

Bob in all honesty I do wear my heated pants and boot liners when it's going to be in the 30's all day or when I'm traveling in those temps. I'll always have mine as back up. Have I mentioned that I hate the cold!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

Unread postby Bob » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:40 am

Brick wrote:Bob in all honesty I do wear my heated pants and boot liners when it's going to be in the 30's all day or when I'm traveling in those temps. I'll always have mine as back up. Have I mentioned that I hate the cold!

Agreed, if I were going x-country in the winter, I'd be wearing heated pants. But our day rides that start out around 40F (occasionally at 36-38F) and climb to 50'ish don't require heated pants--based on my gear & experience. YMMV.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:51 am

In cold weather, all I've ever needed for legs and feet are a base layer designed for mountaineering - like merino wool. Heated jacket and gloves though.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Bob » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:11 am

LeeDavis wrote:In cold weather, all I've ever needed for legs and feet are a base layer designed for mountaineering - like merino wool. Heated jacket and gloves though.

Yeah, agreed, but earlier in the fall I made the mistake of wearing my summer riding boots on the first cool day. Those boots have a 'little' air flow thru some small cordura insets--and my feet got COLD. Won't make that mistake again. Need solid leather for cold weather.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR