Login    Register

Sena GoPro A/V Test

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Sena GoPro A/V Test

Unread postby LeeDavis » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:03 pm

I got the Sena audio attachment for the GoPro camera and recorded a 1st ever test video. I'm very pleased. All audio is through the Sena mic in intercom mode to the GoPro. Anyone else on the intercom will also be recorded.

I started over with the 20S pairings and set bluetooth GMRS as a 2nd hands free profile device. When GMRS activates it overrides the intercom. When GMRS comms end the intercom comes back up.

Here's the video. I think voice and ambient sounds are well balanced. Between the GoPro wifi remote camera control on my wrist and Sena bluetooth mic this is simple to do.

https://vimeo.com/124428844
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Re: Sena GoPro A/V Test

Unread postby Bob » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Yeah, the audio is excellent, nicely mixed. Be interesting to see how incoming B2B sounds.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Brick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:27 am

Damn that is impressive! So how much in a setup like that?
So after all this "setup" do you actually understand Sena's pairing?

I am out riding my Super Teneré'!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:10 am

Brick wrote:Damn that is impressive! So how much in a setup like that?

IMO, there are too many permutations of Sena pairings to know and understand them all from memory. They're also a moving target - Sena will change pairing procedures and features from one firmware version to the next.

A setup with GoPro + Sena like I'm using would be close to $600. I accumulated the stuff over time. If starting from scratch with voice recording capability I'd probably get Sena's own Prism camera - around $365. Neither option includes a Sena headset.
LeeDavis

Unread postby Brick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 am

So you are saying... "IF" I wanted to have the system like yours to take to ride the Alps I could spend $365 for the Prism camera and my SMH10 would make that work. Is that correct? Hmm.... :?: "Very Interesting"!!

LeeDavis wrote:
Brick wrote:Damn that is impressive! So how much in a setup like that?

IMO, there are too many permutations of Sena pairings to know and understand them all from memory. They're also a moving target - Sena will change pairing procedures and features from one firmware version to the next.

A setup with GoPro + Sena like I'm using would be close to $600. I accumulated the stuff over time. If starting from scratch with voice recording capability I'd probably get Sena's own Prism camera - around $365. Neither option includes a Sena headset.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 am

Brick wrote:So you are saying... "IF" I wanted to have the system like yours to take to ride the Alps I could spend $365 for the Prism camera and my SMH10 would make that work. Is that correct? Hmm.... :?: "Very Interesting"!!

Yes, SMH10 + Prism would do it. Here's a good review of the camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IifzS40bo4w though he's overloading the mic.

GoPro has apps for iphone and android that let me see through the camera lens in real time for precise aiming. That's about the only related feature the Prism doesn't have.
LeeDavis

Unread postby yamadog » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 am

Wow! Nice job Lee. I'm not so sure I want to be in front of you on our rides anymore! Now we will have all the "whoops" and "oh craps" recorded! lol <thumb>
yamadog

Unread postby BobW » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:22 am

Wow, that is fantastic. So many rides I just can't go back for a photo because of the road and traffic or I just keep going for not wanting to stop one more time. The pricing and relative ease of use keeps getting better and more tempting to give up my current soup cans and strings level of technology. Thanks for the great video, very enlightening to this Luddite.

Cheers
BobW

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR