Login    Register

Communicators

Show us how you did it or ask how it's done.
Post pics of those new lights, jacket, boots, gizmos, etc.
  • Author
Communicators

Unread postby Clyde » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am

I have had units back to early auto com with wired connection to pillion, later got a G9, them sena 10, then said never again to scala, then came the mesh units, G30 and Packtalk, was able to try both and found Packtalk to be better in most ways particularly how the music dimms in/out when phone or intercom is used. Connect with nav VI easily. Yes Packtalk is more $, and remember with both, they don't talk to each other on mesh, need to switch to Bluetooth if sena is to talk to scala, then you are back to the G20...just my $.02...clyde

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Clyde

NAME: Clyde McLaughlin
Bike(s): Yes

Re: Communicators

Unread postby Clyde » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 am

Clyde wrote:I have had units back to early auto com with wired connection to pillion, later got a G9, them sena 10, then said never again to scala, then came the mesh units, G30 and Packtalk, was able to try both and found Packtalk to be better in most ways particularly how the music dimms in/out when phone or intercom is used. Connect with nav VI easily. Yes Packtalk is more $, and remember with both, they don't talk to each other on mesh, need to switch to Bluetooth if sena is to talk to scala, then you are back to the G20...just my $.02...clyde

Another plus to Packtalk is that it is being upgraded all the time, hock up to your laptop and sign in, also very easy to customize, Clyde

Clyde

NAME: Clyde McLaughlin
Bike(s): Yes

Re: Communicators

Unread postby OldButNotDead » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 pm

[quote="Clyde"]I have had units back to early auto com with wired connection to pillion, later got a G9, them sena 10, then said never again to scala, then came the mesh units, G30 and Packtalk, was able to try both and found Packtalk to be better in most ways particularly how the music dimms in/out when phone or intercom is used. Connect with nav VI easily. Yes Packtalk is more $, and remember with both, they don't talk to each other on mesh, need to switch to Bluetooth if sena is to talk to scala, then you are back to the G20...just my $.02...clyde
/quote]
Me too. Sounds like we have been on the same path. Been doing a lot of reading on the Packtalk and it sounds great. Been talking to a lot of guys on the 30K too. The predominant view that I have come up with by reading web reports is the Packtalk is significantly ahead in mesh implementation. I believe the 30K "will be" so close to the Packtalk there won't be a significant differnce in another firmware mod or two. That being said I also believe we are one generation, maybe two before Scala's and Sena's will talk on a mesh seamlessly. Probably the only thing holding it back is marketing.

Just an FYI, Sena support just sent me a reply on my "box of rocks" problem. They said to load firmware version 1.6.3 which ""we have no issues with the group intercom" static. We'll see.
OldButNotDead

NAME: Rod Brown
Bike(s): R1200GS LC 2016
GPS: Navigator V
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 20S; MU350R

Return to FARKLE-IZATION & RIDING GEAR