Login    Register

I rode the Diamondback this morning.

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
I rode the Diamondback this morning.

Unread postby flip » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:46 pm

This morning I rode up to Little Switzerland and did the Diamondback (226A). It's been a very long time since I had been up through there, probably early 80's. The roads were in good shape and traffic was very light.

I had thought about running over and hitting Hwy 80 off of the parkway but I decided to save that for my next visit up that way. I used to love that road.

I saw very few bikes. When I first got there, I saw an 80's Ferrari and a silver Jag XK-E. I thought cool, some sports car club must be up here today and I'll see some cool old cars but nope, that was it.

I had taken my unused GoPro camera that Santa brought me a couple of years ago. I apparently hit the wrong buttons...no video today.

I didn't post up in advance because frankly, I wasn't sure how far I would feel like riding and I didn't want to meet up with somebody for a ride and then possibly bail on them early. Doctors have cut on me several times in the last 3 years and I'm just not quite back to where I want to be yet.
flip

Re: I rode the Diamondback this morning.

Unread postby Bob » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Glad you're venturing out again Phil. By all means show up for a ride with us, anytime, and don't worry about early-bailing. Its all good! <joecool>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: I rode the Diamondback this morning.

Unread postby 007 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:57 pm

I know the feeling. Some of my rides are posted up last minute, usually due to being too busy to plan appropriately (or at least that is what I tell myself). More recently, the issue has been finding a whole day to do something and/or wanting to spend the whole time outside in 90+ degrees.

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS