Login    Register

Ride to JD's and beyond

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Ride to JD's and beyond

Unread postby Bob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:41 pm

It did happen. broz, Lee, yamadog and I ate BBQ lunch at JD's. Philter even showed up and ordered their hot dogs, which looked tasty too! Yummmmm.

After lunch, we rode 181, Hickory Nut Gap, 194, Old 421, 88, and Three Top Rd. to Todd where we took a break. The bakery there is now open. Then we split up and all headed down the mtn. homeward. Weather was perfect! Oh, I forgot, we took Lump Rd. down to Wilkesboro for our "adventure" portion of the ride. <grin>
Attachments
Rotation of IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_7004.jpg
IMG_7008.jpg
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Ride to JD's and beyond

Unread postby LeeDavis » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:32 pm

Where I turned off: a crew was repaving the south half of Clark's Creek Rd and the north half of Shull's Mill Rd is new pavement. Very nice!
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby yamadog » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks Bob, for a great day of riding. I am asking Yamaha to change the FJR from a sport touring bike to an adventure/sport touring bike. It better fits our riding! <joecool> Just kidding.. The FJR does do pretty good through the gravely stuff though. I would do the same loop as we did again including Lump Rd. It was a neat route.

Yamadog
yamadog

Unread postby Bob » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:27 am

yamadog wrote:Thanks Bob, for a great day of riding. I am asking Yamaha to change the FJR from a sport touring bike to an adventure/sport touring bike. It better fits our riding! <joecool> Just kidding.. The FJR does do pretty good through the gravely stuff though. I would do the same loop as we did again including Lump Rd. It was a neat route.
Yamadog

With the PR4's on my bike, I have no advantage over the FJR on gravel. Its like riding on marbles. <bugeye>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS