Login    Register

Wed 23rd Ride

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Wed 23rd Ride

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:42 pm

I didn't take any pictures and don't recall posing for any so this ride might not have happened - my memory is fuzzy. I think Bob took us up 181 and over to Blowing Rock for lunch then we messed around in the 194 and 88 areas north of there before heading home.

I enjoyed meeting Philter and TripleTango and also seeing OldDuc again - it's been ages. The roads are almost clear of salt and grit but not quite complete. One more solid highland rain should do it. The old bad section of 88 is repaved and awesome. It was like riding on virgins!
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Re: Wed 23rd Ride

Unread postby philter » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Thought about the pictures once on the ride, but then forgot again. Oh well, Thanks for helping me to figure out the right way home Lee. Made Church, so all was good. Had a great day up there, but was dog tired this morning. LOL I don't see that I'm doing much better as far as negotiating the curves, but I am sure having fun.
philter

Unread postby Brick » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Wow sorry your ride "didn't happen ".
Mine sure did! Here is Wednesday's ride: Image
Little Shepard Trail was really cool. 1 1/4 lane wide and paved runner big on top of a ridge for 35 miles! Very cool!
http://www.harlancountytrails.com/littl ... dtrail.php

It was great! And there was a 12 mile gravel option that we took but didn't have to. Image
I stayed at my friend Roger's house last night and had an excellent ride home today. Image
I rode the Foothills Parkway then down through Happy Vally through Deals Gap. I had Deals Gap all to my self.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby tireatr » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 pm

When you say "the old bad section of 88" are you referring to the section from Big Laurel west to 421 that becomes TN 67? That would be awesome. I love Big Laurel but that section of 88 to the state line Gaaah!
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:08 pm

tireatr wrote:When you say "the old bad section of 88" are you referring to the section from Big Laurel west to 421 that becomes TN 67? That would be awesome. I love Big Laurel but that section of 88 to the state line Gaaah!

Well, I was mindlessly following and not totally paying attention but we came up to 88 from Meat Camp then headed back east to...probably...3 Top - sooo a goodly stretch of that western end is fresh asphalt.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Bob » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Yeah, it looks like its paved to the TN state line on the western end.

Pics---well I took my camera into the BBQ joint and forgot to get it out! <pics> So none of this really happened. <banghd> But it was fun anyway. <bana>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS