Login    Register

Po-Po report--NC 80

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Po-Po report--NC 80

Unread postby Bob » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:07 pm

On our ride last Weds. both 007 and I were hearing what sounded like instant-on K band radar blips along NC80 north of the parkway between the golf course and Micaville, but never saw a cop. Then yesterday Broz got tagged in that same stretch for 60 in a 35 zone by a state trooper (moving) running instant-on radar. I don't recall exactly how long that reduced speed zone is but it does start quite a ways out from Micaville, and I think there are a couple other long-ish 45 zones prior to that one. Sounds like they are working the area now, just fyi! <fonda>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Po-Po report--NC 80

Unread postby Brick » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:28 am

That sucks!

I must be out riding my Super Teneré'!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby HaulinAshe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:59 pm

I got the same, strange, burst of Ka-band at the golf course a couple weeks ago. Lucky for me nothing came out of the woods, but I was in the Mini Cooper not on the bike. Hmmmmmm... I wonder if he's "resting" at the golf course?

And finally, my condolences for the performance award. Revenue generation is a painful experience.
Everything that spells FUN, will cost a little bit more than you can afford.
HaulinAshe

NAME: Jeff Ashe
Bike(s): 2022 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT, too many to list
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30k

Unread postby Bob » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:21 pm

HaulinAshe wrote:I got the same, strange, burst of Ka-band at the golf course a couple weeks ago. Lucky for me nothing came out of the woods, but I was in the Mini Cooper not on the bike. Hmmmmmm... I wonder if he's "resting" at the golf course?

And finally, my condolences for the performance award. Revenue generation is a painful experience.

I think maybe the instant-on radar is a very strong pulse that carries well, and maybe the terrain in that area enhances reflection of the signal. We heard it off and on for several miles. Possible he could have been following back behind us. If I get even one short blip, I slow down to 5 over the limit immediately, for a few minutes anyway. <smirk>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS