Login    Register

Sat 9/27 DS to the max!!

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Sat 9/27 DS to the max!!

Unread postby Broz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Today I rode w 8 other riders of which 7 were highly skilled dirt bike riders. We parked trailers at the entrance to Brown Mountain Beach / Adako rd. From there we took Adako to the turn off for Maple Sally to 90 up Globe Rd. We had lunch in Blowing Rock then went 321 to BRP east to Samson Rd then worked over to the MOTHER OF ALL ROADS RICHLAND RD (went down it, they said it's more fun to go up it but when you are on a 250lbs dirt bike w 50 horse power you don't worry about lack of power to launch over any ruts and large rocks). It was amazing watching these guys throw there bikes around like they were bicycles. When I was riding the brakes they would blip the throttle and launch from one side of a deeply rutted narrow trail to the other side without ever going thru the bottom of the rut. Then pop a wheelie and ride thru a creek or off a steep drop off. I felt like I was going to go over the handlebars and they were flying like it was a walk in the park. This made Old House Gap Rd seem pretty easy. There were several creek crossings. Best way I can describe it would be like riding thru a creek bed for 4-5 miles without the water. Speaking of Old House Gap we went down it. Opposite direction Lee & I did back in April.
Attachments
image.jpg
95 miles of FUN
image.jpg
One of many creek crossing on Richland Rd
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Re: Sat 9/27 DS to the max!!

Unread postby LeeDavis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:19 am

That's good to know. I've been wondering what might be fun east of 321.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS