Login    Register

1-9-13 Delayed New Years Ride

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
1-9-13 Delayed New Years Ride

Unread postby Bob » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 pm

The weather hasn't been too great lately but the forecast was for 60F+ today (although cloudy), so 6 of us met up at the Halfway for the New Years Day ride that never happened. Brick, Yarbi, Scott, myself, and 2 brand new members of the group--Spanish Fly (aka Carlos) and Broz (aka John). After kicking tires and checking out the newbie's rides, we headed up Old 18, and then took 126 around Lake James to Marion, where we had lunch at Countryside BBQ. Tasty as always. Then we took back roads SW of Marion over Sugar Hill/Old Fort and Bat Cave Rds. over the mountain and into Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. By now it was spitting rain and the roads were wet, so we made a pit stop at Lake Lure and started back eastward a little early. Scott, Brick, and Carlos split off at Polkville and the rest of us headed on towards home. The roads dried off after Polkville and we were able to hoon it up a little more before reaching the large parking lot called Charlotte. It sure was great to break the winter doldrums on 2 wheels, and especially to meet and ride with Carlos and John (& everybody else of course!). Hope to see you guys on some more rides soon! <rdr>

At the meet-up--Broz's Concours
1.jpg

Carlos' pristine 919
2.jpg

Yakking at the BBQ
3.jpg

Lunch!
4.jpg

Lake Lure
5.jpg
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: 1-9-13 Delayed New Years Ride

Unread postby Broz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by Broz ยป Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Gents,
Nice meeting and riding with you guys today. I forgot to turn the tracking back on after lunch but im sure one of you veterans can post the COmplete ride. You can look for Broz on trackmyride.
Nothing like getting left in the dust by a bunch of old farts, <olfart> you sure don't ride like it. <thumb> The rain worked in my favor so you guys had to slow down to double digits in the afternoon. <whew>

These roads make for a real nice ride. Scott, sorry you had duty to keep an eye on the new guy. Hopefully didn't slow you down too much. I would take this route again in a heart beat. Kudos Bob!

Broz out.
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS