Login    Register

11-16-13 Lake Lure-Saluda-Pinnacle Mtn.

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
11-16-13 Lake Lure-Saluda-Pinnacle Mtn.

Unread postby Bob » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 pm

The day started out kinda gloomy, overcast with wet roads and fog in the area, as Broz, Scott, Lee (the FNG), and I made our way *cautiously* from Halfway Hdwre. to Lake Lure, where Brick met us for lunch at Lake Lure Smokehouse. After a tasty BBQ lunch, we went in search of dry roads and sunshine. Kinda struck out on the first try, up White Oak Mtn. and back down Skyuka Rd. We ran into the clouds on the way up and almost broke out of the tops, only to run back into them on the way down, and wet roads of course. Visibilities as low as about 50 ft. at times on those tight hairpins. Then we headed up the mtn. to Saluda and turned southwest down Mountain Page Rd, and suddenly---SUNSHINE! And dry roads too. Then we took Cabin Creek Rd up to Pinnacle Mtn. Rd, and then retraced our sunshine route back into Saluda, back into the semi-gloom. Brick then led us on a really fun ride down Green River Cove Rd., around Lake Adger and back to Lake Lure, where we took my "Lake Lure Expressway" route eastward towards Polkville. The roads were ALL dry by now and the return trip was rather brisk. <muaha> Back home safe and sound by 5:35. It turned out to be a VERY good day. <tour>

Here's a couple pics from Lake Lure Smokehouse. The owner lady was jealous that we were riding without her and came out to harrass us, lol. She rides a Harley Softail.

Resize of 1.jpg

Resize of 2.jpg

Anybody else have any pics? <pics>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: 11-16-13 Lake Lure-Saluda-Pinnacle Mtn.

Unread postby LeeDavis » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:40 am

I enjoyed meeting and riding with you guys. This is only the 2nd group I've encountered where B2B radios are the norm which make things so much better. Yesterday's success would have been difficult to pull off without them. Really fun ride and you can count me in for the next one! -Lee
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby 007 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Darn work thing keeps getting in the way of my riding... Sorry to miss out!

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Unread postby Brick » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I too had a great ride.
Thanks all!

Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS