Login    Register

Woodlands BBQ, Meat Camp, NC88, and Todd

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Woodlands BBQ, Meat Camp, NC88, and Todd

Unread postby Bob » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Broz, Charlie G., and I planned to ride to Woodlands BBQ in Blowing Rock for lunch. But Charlie had a 10AM conference call so he left later but still managed to catch us there right at noon (he slabbed it :). Then Broz's friend Terry and Terry's friend Susan showed up and we all had a great lunch. After lunch, Charlie had to high-tail it back home for more commitments, but Broz, Terry & Susan (on Terry's Gold Wing), and I took an early tour of the fall colors up Meat Camp way, east down NC88, and then over to Three-Top Rd. and Todd, NC. After a break at Todd, Terry and Susan headed back to Blowing Rock while Broz and I hooned our way down 16 and a few other back roads until we arrived in the Greater Gridlock area. It was a perfect day with blue skies and temps in the 70's. I'm ready to do it again soon! <tour>

BRP OVERLOOK
Resize of 1.jpg

TERRY AND SUSAN ARRIVING AT THE TOP OF THE PASS ON MEAT CAMP RD. SUSAN HAD SAID THAT RIDING THE BRP ON A MOTORCYCLE WAS ON HER BUCKET LIST, SO WE FULLFILLED THAT ONE TODAY PLUS A BONUS. WE ALL SUGGESTED SHE TAKE THE MSF AND GET A BIKE AS SOON AS SHE GETS BACK HOME TO FLORIDA!

MVI_5787.wmv [ 1.39 MiB | Viewed 6148 times ]

FALL COLORS ON THE NORTH FACING MTNS ON MEAT CAMP RD.
Resize of 2.jpg

TAKING A BREAK AT TODD
Resize of 3.jpg

Broz, don't you also have a few pics? <pics>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Woodlands BBQ, Meat Camp, NC88, and Todd

Unread postby charlieg » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Nice to meet you, Broz and good to see you again, Bob. It was good to meet Terry and Susan too!

Glad I got out on two wheels today even if it was a quickie...

I rode back as you suggested, Bob. 268 was nice. I might have missed a turn or two but I eventually made it back onto 16 and back home.
charlieg

Re: Woodlands BBQ, Meat Camp, NC88, and Todd

Unread postby Broz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:23 am

Charlie likewise. Hope you can ride with us next time. Nice pics Bob. Here are a few shots I got.
Broz
image.jpg
Terry & Susan
Attachments
image.jpg
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS