Login    Register

Honduras ride

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Honduras ride

Unread postby tripletango » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm

So we were off on a motorcycle ride from the Valley to Olanchito. My friend Don has a KLR 650 and I was riding my Honda 250 Tornado which surprisingly is quite nippy on the road. We get to Olanchito and have a meal at the town square. Oh my how this little town has changed. Anyway on the way back Don had a puncture but the tire he is using is so stout that he could probably made it back home. Anyway we tried our luck in a small town called Jutiapa. Stopped on the road and started looking. Well as luck would have it just round the corner was a moto taller (tire repair) who could easily fix the problem. We needed a new 17 inch tube, never thought we could find that but lo and behold just a few yards down the road was a parts store, they had a 17 inch tube! So our new friend started work. He took out the old tube cleaned it up and put it back in the wheel to protect the new tube and put it back on the bike. Cost 2 dollars plus the tube. So right next door was a bar playing loud music as they always do in Honduras so we celebrated with a Port Royal and a Salva Vida. The owner of the bar was thanking us for coming to Honduras and investing money here (The truth!) and said the country needed more like those of us who came to help the country!
And so back home. On the way we passed the massive new power plant. Impressive but is a diesel plant to help out in the short term. Not so good but Honduras has many wind farms as well as one of the largest solar farms in Central America too, much better! Trivia. Did you know that over 40% of Honduras is National Park. Dam I forgot my phone so no photos!
tripletango

NAME: Richard Adamson
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring Yamaha FZ07
GPS: Garmin NUVI 550
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 20S SR10 Icom

Re: Honduras ride

Unread postby Bob » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Great report--I can envision the ride even without pics! Can you post a gpx file of the route or maybe a kml from Google Earth? I'd like to see the area yall were riding in.... <tour>

Or just a description of where you started and the roads you took.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS