Login    Register

Sparta Trip Fri. 6-14

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Sparta Trip Fri. 6-14

Unread postby Bob » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Ed, Yarbi, Ducatibob, and I headed out for Sparta by way of NC16, Brushy Mtn Rd, and NC18. Weather was perfect, forecast high was for 70F in the mtns. Nice ride up thru Brushy Mtns. Just north of Wilkesboro Ducatibob developed a sharp pain in his side and stopped for a break. The pain wasn't really going away and seemed to be worse at times so ducatibob decided to break away and head back home. The remaining 3 of us headed on to Sparta for lunch, figuring Bob was having a burrito attack or something. Late afternoon, after we rode some really nice foothills-of-the-Mt. Rogers-area, Don finally got a text that Bob was "at a hospital" but no more details. <yikes> So we headed back to town, arriving around 7. Don then got the word--Bob had a KIDNEY STONE. Dayum! Well, he's doing much better now and if he wants to share any more details I'll leave that to him. Just thankful he's ok. <claps>

I only took 3 pics, at the restaurant, and they are posted below. The Cuban sandwich was tasty! <grin>
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Sparta Trip Fri. 6-14

Unread postby Yarbi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Great pics but there must be something wrong with your camera. Ed and I couldn't have that much gray hair!!!! <muaha>
Yarbi

Unread postby Bob » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Yarbi wrote:Great pics but there must be something wrong with your camera. Ed and I couldn't have that much gray hair!!!! <muaha>

At least you GOT hair. <dope>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Ed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 pm

'Twas indeed a nearly-perfect sorta day (other than ducatibob's woes, of course!), got exactly 375 miles door-to-door.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Brushy Mountain Road, at least on the Bandit... I mentioned that to Bob, who then (all innocent-like) took us right back over it again on the way home <yikes>

I got my "revenge" later, at least when Bob thought he might could lose me on a straightaway :lol:
Ed

NAME: Ed Henderson
Bike(s): SV1000, Bandit 1277, Hayabusa
GPS: Garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: various profanities

Unread postby Bob » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Ed wrote:'
Can't say I'm a big fan of Brushy Mountain Road, at least on the Bandit... I mentioned that to Bob, who then (all innocent-like) took us right back over it again on the way home <yikes>

Put a sticky note on the bandit's dash: "Ride SV if taking Brushy Mtn. Rd.". <muaha>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Ed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:17 pm

An even better solution would be getting a bike with another 4" of suspension travel.
Ed

NAME: Ed Henderson
Bike(s): SV1000, Bandit 1277, Hayabusa
GPS: Garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: various profanities

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS