Login    Register

2/23... I just gotta ride... you?

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
2/23... I just gotta ride... you?

Unread postby Brick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Well this ride did happen. We met at the Gate Station in Morganton at 10:30. It was me on my 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 named Red Molly, Bob on his almost brand new BMW RT, Broz on, apparently, the best bike in the world his BMW GS. Also Scott on his new to him 2015 also red FJ-09. Jay also joined us on his sparkling CanAm Spider. [THUMBS UP SIGN] After we linked up on our SENA 20S intercoms off we rode.
It had been very foggy around Morganton in the morning but as usual the fog was down low so up the mountain we rode. Once above the fog it was a beautiful day to ride.
In Newland we ate lunch at the Mason Jar Cafe. Excellent food! Then more fun riding... Spanish Oak rode over to 19E. Back down to the BRP and then to 226A. At Little Switzerland Scott and I took Bear Wallow Road to Hickory Nut rd to 7 Mile Ridge. All were very clean. [THUMBS UP SIGN] Scott and I turned around and rode back to Little Switzerland and down 226A. Diamondback is a fantastic road. Back to Morganton around Lake James. Fantastic day of riding and temperatures reached 80 down in Morganton.
We did stop for a group photo so we need Broz to post it here.

Until the next ride[THUMBS UP SIGN][FISTED HAND SIGN]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Re: 2/23... I just gotta ride... you?

Unread postby Bob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks to Brick who came up with "options" for the ride and did a superb job leading us around, even the lunch choice turned out well, which has been a little "iffy" lately. And doing all this in February in the high country with clean roads made it all that much better! <tour>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS