Login    Register

Ride to Erwin TN

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Ride to Erwin TN

Unread postby Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Well I forgot to take any pics but I think I saw Lee take one. Cloudy skies and wet roads were the norm until around noon, then it got pretty warm and the roads started drying out. Lee took us on some different roads around Lake James and west of Burnsville to end up at the world famous Las Jalapenos restaurant in beautiful Unicoi, TN. You can't get there from here. Or at least I couldn't. Then we headed back on TN 107 and NC226, Snow Creek Rd, and NC 80 down the mtn. It was 75F and sunny (mostly) in the high country as we headed back down the mtn, where I split off for Old 18 and the others took the scenic route around the lake back to Morganton. Oh, and Scott says he's getting an FJ09 tomorrow after a test ride on Bricks! Its contagious I guess. <grin>

Great ride with great folks!! Lets go again when the next rainy season is done.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Ride to Erwin TN

Unread postby Brick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Yea Lee showed us some new roads. I like that. Wet wet roads in the morning then on the other side it was drying out. Here are the only pictures I took. ImageImage
The boys really hooned it up on the way down the Mtn. I got a little over 200 miles. Actually washed my bike when I got home. And started an oil change. It’s over do for the fresh oil! [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby LeeDavis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Fun ride! For the 1st time in 2018 I got uncomfortably warm in the afternoon. Wearing winter gear didn't help, but still...

Getting ready to head out in the morning from Gate. Parking lot wet, roads wet...lotta wet!
COFSTA Brick Bob Scott at Gate.jpg
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Bob » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:03 am

Nice pic Lee--makes my bike look all shiny and clean. <grin>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Buddhistbiker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:39 am

Bob wrote:Well I forgot to take any pics but I think I saw Lee take one. Cloudy skies and wet roads were the norm until around noon, then it got pretty warm and the roads started drying out. Lee took us on some different roads around Lake James and west of Burnsville to end up at the world famous Las Jalapenos restaurant in beautiful Unicoi, TN. You can't get there from here. Or at least I couldn't. Then we headed back on TN 107 and NC226, Snow Creek Rd, and NC 80 down the mtn. It was 75F and sunny (mostly) in the high country as we headed back down the mtn, where I split off for Old 18 and the others took the scenic route around the lake back to Morganton. Oh, and Scott says he's getting an FJ09 tomorrow after a test ride on Bricks! Its contagious I guess. <grin>

Great ride with great folks!! Lets go again when the next rainy season is done.

A perfect day except for the slop in the am. Lee set a brisk pace. I couldn’t remember to cancel my turn signals all day. Must have been thing about getting the new to me bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Buddhistbiker

Unread postby Bob » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 am

Buddhistbiker wrote: Must have been thing about getting the new to me bike.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I expect to see a report and some pics by the end of the day!! <pics>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby wheaton » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 am

Sorry I couldn't join you but a buddy from Laurens, SC and I met up on Sunday am in Lake Lure and rode over by that way there. We took 80 up and headed over Roan Mtn then went to Unicoi and Erwin before heading east and south on 197 and Double Island Rd. The roads were fairly clean, traffic light, temps good. Just took it easy as it had been awhile - too long - since I had been out riding. Kinda halfway between Hooning and flower sniffing. Glad yall had fun...I know we did.
wheaton

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS