Login    Register

Tuesday... 12/19 Lake Lure Ride

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Tuesday... 12/19 Lake Lure Ride

Unread postby Brick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 pm

No I didn’t take any pictures. But I’m here to tell you that this ride certainly did happen! Jeff so eloquently stated that he was glad to be on Brick’s “Coming Out Ride”! I hadn’t really looked at it quite like that but I guess that’s what it was. AND damn did I ever love it! It has been way too damn long since I had ridden. All my health issues have been making me feel like I might never ride again! Lee however would have none of that! He put my bike back together after my heart attack crash and has been the major cheerleader in getting me back on a bike. Some of my injuries, it seems have made parts of me even more uncomfortable in the cold so days ago when I saw that it was supposed to be almost 70 degrees today I set my sights on riding today.
Lee rode over to my place at a few minutes after 9:00am and off we rode. It was only a couple of miles and I was just feeling sooo good. Really I can’t tell you how wonderful it felt to be back on a bike! I think this was the best medicine I could ever get!
Bob, Scott and Jeff were at the Halfway Hardware when we arrived. Also there was Gary Lackey, D Jones and they introduced me to another young man whose name escapes me right now. Those three had a different destination but wanted to see me back on a bike again. I really appreciate that! The five of us had a super ride down to Lake Lure. The lunch spot left a bit to be desired but it really didn’t matter to me because I was still on cloud 9 because I was out riding again! After lunch we rode the rest of the gps route that Lee had prepared for this ride. We ended at the Halfway Hardware again where after kicking tires and wishing each other the happiest of holidays we rode off in different directions. It’s now almost 11:00pm and I still have this goofy grin on my face!
Thanks to a wonderful ride and some really special friends!
Thank You!
I really love All Y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Re: Tuesday... 12/19 Lake Lure Ride

Unread postby Bob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:39 am

Riding is definitely therapy for what ails you. Glad you're back on 2 wheels. Keep it up! <scoot> <scoot> <scoot>

And thanks to Lee for putting together a great selection of roads for a winter ride--I didn't even miss the high country!
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby beachy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 am

great weather great ride and really great to see Brick on the bike again!
beachy

NAME: Ladd Beach
Bike(s): 04 fjr 12 versys
GPS: garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: sena 30k

Unread postby LeeDavis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:19 am

What a gorgeous day! Great to have Brick back to good health after such a long recovery. Sorry about lunch - I like trying new places but that one was a flop.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Brick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 pm

I too like new places. If you don’t try them you never know if they are good or not. I didn’t mind at all. I’m really not interested in going back to that place but I’ve certainly had worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Buddhistbiker » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Lunch1.jpg
Buddhistbiker

Unread postby Buddhistbiker » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:39 pm

IMG_2716.JPG
Buddhistbiker

Unread postby Bob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Ok, ok, I admit they did have a nice terrace with babbling brook (and brick) so I give them an "A" for ambience. <muaha>

But seriously, how do they get away with calling a bunch of shredded lettuce and rice wrapped up in a flour tortilla a burrito. And It was served COLD, so a WRAP would have been more accurate. And a little beef in the mix would have helped too. Not what I call Mexican.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby tireatr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Nice to hear this. Welcome back Brick.
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore