Login    Register

11-3-17

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
11-3-17

Unread postby 007 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

461 miles of wet roads for me. I added some gravel just for good measure. The lunch entertainment was one of those events not to miss! <olfart>
I don't have any pics from the day, so I guess the ride didn't happen. Hope everybody made it home safely!

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Re: 11-3-17

Unread postby Bob » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Yep it really happened, but I also took no pics. Thought I saw someone with their phone...?

We (Scott/Lee/Richard/me) took I-26 south from Erwin after lunch since it was trying to spit more raindrops and 19E would have been damp for sure. Then we exited I-26 at Laurel Valley when the sun came out and headed east to NC80 and then down 80 to Marion--80 was mostly dry, fun zip. Lee and Richard departed for home after 80, and then Scott and I slabbed it to Morganton and gave Old 18 one last fling. The rain tried to thwart us but to no avail.

Oh, we can cross another eating establishment off our list. Hawg n Dawg must be on its last legs; similar incident to the last visit but worse--can't seem to handle making a few hot dogs and then the clueless owner (once again) came over to let us know it was all our fault. Lee did a great job of splaining to him how things work. <muaha>
We are determined to not be a thorn in his side ever again. <flipa> And judging from the lack of customers at lunch time, a buncha others may have made that same pledge.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Bob » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Update--copy/paste from yelp/zomato re Hawg n Dawg-->>

"Food is good but the service is horrible the staff try to be friendly but the owner is just hateful I would recommend eating there but only if you get your order to go ."

"Rude owner, negativity everywhere and the food is not up to par, the menu is so scattered that they have to many choices... make less choices with great food. And the owner needs a lesson in customer service"

"Food is fine.
However, I have friends living in the town, and they have told me numerous times, that the owner is quite rude. I recently asked a few other people, and heard the same response.
Too bad. I won't be back."
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby 007 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:50 am

There's a Bubba's Good Eats in Unicoi in addition to the one in Burnsville. The latter has great BBQ but have not been to the one in Unicoi.

Unread postby LeeDavis » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:20 am

I was shocked by the staff and owner at HawgNDawg...1st they totally screw up the order...next they wander off without telling us what they're going to do about it...and when we ask what's going on they gang up to tell us it's all our fault. Unbelievable!

Nice ride considering we had to dodge rain. I didn't pay much attention to it but don't recall the forecast being that iffy.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby 007 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:26 pm

LeeDavis wrote:I was shocked by the staff and owner at HawgNDawg...1st they totally screw up the order...next they wander off without telling us what they're going to do about it...and when we ask what's going on they gang up to tell us it's all our fault. Unbelievable!

Nice ride considering we had to dodge rain. I didn't pay much attention to it but don't recall the forecast being that iffy.

The forecast sucked, too (there was zero rain in it, but that seemed to be about all it did). I'll blame you for that, too, Lee lol. If the server had questions, she should have clarified orders after we finished and verified the orders were correct bringing food to the table. On the other hand, you guys ramped up the crotchety faster than I expected. Bunch of crazy bikers. <pop>

Unread postby Bob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:38 pm

007 wrote: ...... If the server had questions, she should have clarified orders after we finished and verified the orders were correct bringing food to the table. On the other hand, you guys ramped up the crotchety faster than I expected. Bunch of crazy bikers. <pop>

I don't think you were at the previous visit when this same shit happened. If you were, I think you would have ramped it up too lol. We weren't really pissed at the wait staff, they seemed 'green' and nervous--probably from working for that asshole. It was his attitude that "we" were the real problem, and that was the same crap he pulled last time (it took them 25 minutes to produce hotdogs that time). But we gave him a pass that time and chalked it up to whatever. When he started the same crap all over again, pass revoked.

FYI, here's that previous thread-->>
http://cofsta.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=964
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby 007 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:41 pm

It did seem interesting the orders for Lee and Bob were the ones that got messed up and the owner seemed to have an unusual smile on his face considering you guys were pretty aggravated. The server did seem terrified and lost. Maybe the owner remembered the last time and wanted to pick a fight? I'm not sure if the dogs actually tasted like crap or just the sour taste in my mouth from the interaction, but I probably won't be back there. Remind me not to get into an butt kicking contest with you guys.

Unread postby Bob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 pm

007 wrote:....It did seem interesting the orders for Lee and Bob were the ones that got messed up and the owner seemed to have an unusual smile on his face considering you guys were pretty aggravated.....

Nah, we were there May 17 for lunch and I remember shooting the shit with him at check out. He's always been kind of a smart ass but then so is Lee, Brick, etc. LOL. And ME. <grin>

He just got an attitude with 2 hungry dudes this time. <muaha>

Probably try that Bubba's up there next time. HawgDawg food was always barely mediocre, it had become a destination because the ride was fun. Not for the food.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby wheaton » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 am

007 wrote:461 miles of wet roads for me. I added some gravel just for good measure. The lunch entertainment was one of those events not to miss! <olfart>
I don't have any pics from the day, so I guess the ride didn't happen. Hope everybody made it home safely!

Wish I was there watching that entertainment...I might have even joined in for good measure. <bana>

But no...had to watch a son get married in Orlando in a Rat wedding. Still here...get me back to the Carolinas! <squid>
wheaton

Unread postby tireatr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Meh, ate there once. Was not impressed. It’s a shame the BBQ place down by the river rafting closed. That place has great food. Dennis could cool and do metal work.
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS