Login    Register

MSTA Mail Pouch Fly By in Marietta, Oh

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
MSTA Mail Pouch Fly By in Marietta, Oh

Unread postby OldButNotDead » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:40 pm

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=19449299
https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do
Hopefully the above routes will make it through. Both Friday and Saturday were great days. Sunny and temps ranged from about 60 to 75. All the roads were great. That Saturday route was fantastic and it didn't even touch the rest of the available routes. I could spend a week running that area. WV wasn't too shabby as well.
OldButNotDead

NAME: Rod Brown
Bike(s): R1200GS LC 2016
GPS: Navigator V
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 20S; MU350R

Re: MSTA Mail Pouch Fly By in Marietta, Oh

Unread postby Bob » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:53 pm

I can see the first one, looks like its all in WV. Can't see the 2nd one. You can't go wrong anywhere in that neck of the woods!
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby OldButNotDead » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:40 pm

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=19449341
Try this. I tested the URL in the first post but it may be private.
That part of WV was pretty good especially with the great weather we had but I'm partial to eastern WV along the VA border, but, a big BUTT, scenery goes to WV but those Ohio roads are fantastic. Both days we had the roads to ourselves. Good thing too for Ohio, passing on those roads was a bit risky.
OldButNotDead

Unread postby LeeDavis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 pm

I've attended plenty of rallies in the nearby states but somehow not Ohio. Beats me why.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby wheaton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 pm

SE Ohio is awesome riding...once you know the right roads and the area to visit..it is awesome. I try to get back there every year.

Some areas are roller coaster city...twisty diving left and right...oh, and watch out for that fish hook curve.
wheaton

Unread postby Bob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

OldButNotDead wrote:https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=19449341
Try this. I tested the URL in the first post but it may be private.
That part of WV was pretty good especially with the great weather we had but I'm partial to eastern WV along the VA border, but, a big BUTT, scenery goes to WV but those Ohio roads are fantastic. Both days we had the roads to ourselves. Good thing too for Ohio, passing on those roads was a bit risky.

Holy crap, that route looks like 200 miles of Double Island lol. <fonda>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Bob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:43 pm

wheaton wrote:SE Ohio is awesome riding...once you know the right roads and the area to visit..it is awesome. I try to get back there every year.

Some areas are roller coaster city...twisty diving left and right...oh, and watch out for that fish hook curve.

It sounds like more sweepers than tight technical--i love sweepers.

Rod, can you send me those 2 routes? Or post the files?
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby OldButNotDead » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Is gpx ok? Will probable be tomorrow before I get to them.

It's kinda like everything rolled into one. Not quite as tight as a Dragon, but IMO more fun.

Bob:
I sent the two gpx files to admin's email. Couldn't attach them to the forum, too big.
OldButNotDead

Unread postby OldButNotDead » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 pm

wheaton wrote:SE Ohio is awesome riding...once you know the right roads and the area to visit..it is awesome. I try to get back there every year.

Just an FYI for Marc. There were six of us on that Saturday, Ohio, run. Two were FJR's. I think you would have enjoyed their company. They sure made those big bikes twist and turn. They were brothers and both had 2006's. Kinda made me think of my old blue beast. Nah, that's a lie. I have never missed that 150 lb difference between my 06 or 14 and my GS. It made me work too hard. LOL
OldButNotDead

Unread postby 007 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 am

OldButNotDead wrote:

Just an FYI for Marc. There were six of us on that Saturday, Ohio, run. Two were FJR's. I think you would have enjoyed their company. They sure made those big bikes twist and turn. They were brothers and both had 2006's. Kinda made me think of my old blue beast. Nah, that's a lie. I have never missed that 150 lb difference between my 06 or 14 and my GS. It made me work too hard. LOL

Y'all make me laugh talking about "lightweight" GS bikes. I'm thinking a "Fear the 500" warning sign next to this bear sign. It's only fair to warn the wildlife so they don't crap in the middle of the road and mess up my line:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/epu ... N1xAoqV5jY
<BS>

Something wicked this way comes:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/ty8 ... lGVCem6ZkX

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Unread postby Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 am

007 wrote:
OldButNotDead wrote:

Y'all make me laugh talking about "lightweight" GS bikes. I'm thinking a "Fear the 500" warning sign next to this bear sign. It's only fair to warn the wildlife so they don't crap in the middle of the road and mess up my line:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/epu ... N1xAoqV5jY
<BS>

Something wicked this way comes:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/ty8 ... lGVCem6ZkX

That sign says "BEAR IN AREA". Jeezus only one bear? I bet its been there 30 years and is decrepit and harmless like Yogi, looking for a handout. Damn animal would have a heart attack if a Harley drove by.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby wheaton » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:40 am

Bob wrote:

It sounds like more sweepers than tight technical--i love sweepers.

Rod, can you send me those 2 routes? Or post the files?

Yeah, it's got sweepers...but sightlines, vertical and horizontal, hide when that killer tight one is about to spank you...so beware.
wheaton

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS