Login    Register

Fall arriving ride

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Fall arriving ride

Unread postby Bob » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:05 am

Scott, Lee, and I met at the Gate and headed for the highlands. NC126 and NC80 to Burnsville for lunch at the Rio Mexican spot. Then down Prices Creek, Paint Fork, and up Ox Creek to the BRP and stopped at Craggy Gardens--60F and cloudy there (see pics). Stopped at the AltaPass orchard for some yummy ice cream and country music, great suggestion Scott. Then followed BRP to 181 and back to Morganton where Scott and I finished the day with a run down Old 18--that road just never gets old! <icool>
Attachments
Resize of IMG_7326.jpg
Resize of IMG_7329.jpg
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Fall arriving ride

Unread postby LeeDavis » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:19 am

Yup, Bob led us around on a beautiful day for a fun ride.

We stopped at the Craggy Gardens beauty spot to check out the scenery and take a leak.

COFSTA Bob Craggy Gardens.jpg
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Broz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Was thinking about you Saturday on my way to beach (Wrightsville) when a car in front of me hit a huge deer. It was a good bit past Laurenburg on 74. If I had to guess I would say 175 lbs at least. And about 100 yards past that I saw another dead one on the side of the road.
Wish I took the GOPro had some amazing conditions good wind and huge waves this weekend.
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Unread postby tireatr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 pm

You didn't say anything about the Yancey County section of Prices Creek/Paint fork was new Asphalt! Enjoyed that today......Sadly they should have done the Madison county side, but since Burnsville/Yancey county now has a local on the NCDOT board, Wanda Proffitt of Carolina Mtn realty, they will likely get the priority work. Thank her for the recent road surface upgrades to NC 80, Double Island, Coxes creek and Paint Fork.

Weird day in the Mtns. Woke to think fog and mist that didn't lift until almost noon. Front finally pushed through early afternoon and the dew points were much drier. The upcoming long weekend does not look promising <pissed>
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS