Login    Register

Rode Hwy 80 and 226A today

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Rode Hwy 80 and 226A today

Unread postby flip » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:06 am

My son came to visit for the weekend and I managed to get today off from work. I had picked up his upgraded forks for his SV650 from Cogent Dynamics this week and we got them installed this morning and then took off for Marion and Little Switzerland.

I think it had been decades since I was last on Hwy 80. It was just as much fun as I had remembered. The weather stayed nice and the temps were in the lower 80's for most of the ride.

We left Hwy 80 and jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway and ran over to Little Switzerland. That is a very nice stretch of road!

226A wasn't too crowded. We did a couple of laps and then headed home.

We rode about 175 miles today. My son said the Matris cartridges that Cogent installed in his forks were wonderful. He said the ride and handling was much improved over the Ricor Intiminator setup he'd had in his forks.

All in all, a very good day!
flip

Re: Rode Hwy 80 and 226A today

Unread postby Bob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:17 am

"Decades" is much too long. <grin> Come on out and ride with us when you get a chance!
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby tireatr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:29 pm

I was up there tooling around as well. Rode to Mtn City for lunch but The Tributary was not open even though it's posted Sun 11-3? Anyway I rode The Snake to Shady and ran into Steve 007. Took 91 back to 19e and 173 to 107/226 and all that good stuff back to LS. Nice day. A tad warm for the Mtns but tolerable. Next Thursday looks like a break in the weather.
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Unread postby 007 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 pm

tireatr wrote:I was up there tooling around as well. Rode to Mtn City for lunch but The Tributary was not open even though it's posted Sun 11-3? Anyway I rode The Snake to Shady and ran into Steve 007. Took 91 back to 19e and 173 to 107/226 and all that good stuff back to LS. Nice day. A tad warm for the Mtns but tolerable. Next Thursday looks like a break in the weather.

Let me know if your knee dragging group goes on a run, Ken!

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS