Login    Register

Working Stiffs Sunday 6-25-17

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Working Stiffs Sunday 6-25-17

Unread postby HaulinAshe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:30 pm

We met in Marion 08:00 and rolled out promptly at 08:30. Up 226A (awesome!) Then Chestnut Grove Rd, McKinney Mine Rd, Crabtree Rd, through Boresville - I mean Burnsville and up 19W to Erwin. TN-395/NC-197 down to Red Hill, up 226 and across Hughes Gap Rd then south again across Roan Mtn and completed the loop on Fork Mountain Rd. Back into Boringsville - er - I mean Burnsville!!! to learn just how long it takes a Blind Squirrel to prepare four wraps and sweet tea. For dessert we slurped up some NC-80 back to Marion.

Weather was pretty darn good! You couldn't ask for much better in LATE JUNE. Roads were all freshly washed and dried, traffic was extremely light with a sprinkle of semi-cooperative Harleys for that ever so good Target Rich Environment. Yummmm!!!

Good to see Wheatie, great to see Greg out of the hospital (and the environment suit) on his two feet again, and Lee is well-rehearsed at attaching the paraphernalia to his recovering wrist. I decided to do a quick hack job and impose myself from the second photo taken by Wheatie into the first picture. I think Lee's severed arm gives it a special touch, don't you???

COFSTA Ride 6-25-17.jpg
Working Stiffs 6-25-17
Everything that spells FUN, will cost a little bit more than you can afford.
HaulinAshe

NAME: Jeff Ashe
Bike(s): 2022 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT, too many to list
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30k

Re: Working Stiffs Sunday 6-25-17

Unread postby wheaton » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:42 pm

I agree, great day for a ride...Ride leader Ashe chose well...not much you can do about Burnsville... would love to comment on the photo, but I can't see it...correction..now I do. That creepy hand is gonna give me nightmares.:) Loved 80 on the way back...connected up after we separated to Bills Creek Rd to Lake Lure then headed to Saluda, with Mountain Page Rd to Old25 to 414 to wring the last bit of hooliganism out of the day.
wheaton

Unread postby Bob » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Looks like some photoshop trickery to me. <grin> Glad yall made it out.

Edit: the photo didnt work for me the first time but I reloaded the page and now I see it.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Brick » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:04 am

Now that is an F...ing funny photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick