Login    Register

Friday ride north of Burnsville

If there's no pics, it didn't happen.
  • Author
Friday ride north of Burnsville

Unread postby Bob » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:17 am

Scott and I met at the Gate, but before heading out we paid a visit to the recuperating Brick. Man that knee takes the cake! Ouch! Give it a few more weeks though and I'm sure we'll see him back on 2 wheels. <fonda>

We then took 126 and NC80 up to Burnsville for lunch at the Rad Dawgs. The dogs were quite good but the folks making them were slow as christmas. If that place did any "real business" they would need more staff than customers if they all worked at this same pace. I wanted to try the "taters" but the guy said it takes 10 minutes to cook them. <dope> Obviously not the owner of that place. Rant over.

Then we rode Jacks & Coxes Creek Rds, 19W, and then cut across on Tilson Mtn Rd to Old 23, and Puncheon Fork past Wolf Laurel (they wouldn't let us in) and then back 19, Scronce's Creek and Bald Mtn Rd. back into Burnsville. Stopped for some yummy ice cream in Micaville and then took Crabtree Creek and the BRP to 181 and down the mtn. 11 hours for me and 380 miles. What about you Scott?
Attachments
Resize of IMG_1759.jpg
Resize of IMG_1761.jpg
Resize of IMG_7284.jpg
Barns on Tilson Mtn Road
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Friday ride north of Burnsville

Unread postby LeeDavis » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Those roads are always fun...good report.

I'm still shying away from long distance rides but yesterday morning my bone doc said I'm now out of danger for incidental re-fracture of the thumb/wrist bones and they're going to start me on rehab.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Buddhistbiker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:32 pm

Bob wrote:Scott and I met at the Gate, but before heading out we paid a visit to the recuperating Brick. Man that knee takes the cake! Ouch! Give it a few more weeks though and I'm sure we'll see him back on 2 wheels. <fonda>

We then took 126 and NC80 up to Burnsville for lunch at the Rad Dawgs. The dogs were quite good but the folks making them were slow as christmas. If that place did any "real business" they would need more staff than customers if they all worked at this same pace. I wanted to try the "taters" but the guy said it takes 10 minutes to cook them. <dope> Obviously not the owner of that place. Rant over.

Then we rode Jacks & Coxes Creek Rds, 19W, and then cut across on Tilson Mtn Rd to Old 23, and Puncheon Fork past Wolf Laurel (they wouldn't let us in) and then back 19, Scronce's Creek and Bald Mtn Rd. back into Burnsville. Stopped for some yummy ice cream in Micaville and then took Crabtree Creek and the BRP to 181 and down the mtn. 11 hours for me and 380 miles. What about you Scott?

222 miles from fill at Gate to blinking E in driveway. Great roads an ideal weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Buddhistbiker

Unread postby Bob » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:33 pm

LeeDavis wrote:Those roads are always fun...good report.

I'm still shying away from long distance rides but yesterday morning my bone doc said I'm now out of danger for incidental re-fracture of the thumb/wrist bones and they're going to start me on rehab.

Rehab for range of motion is always a barrel of laughs. <yikes>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Return to RIDE REPORTS--ALL RIDES & EVENTS