Login    Register

Senna 20S

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
Senna 20S

Unread postby Broz » Tue May 17, 2016 9:44 am

Heads up geeks, this is a good video tutorial if you have the 20s......Lee you probably want to get the smart phone app.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLXyK8 ... ode=NORMAL
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Re: Senna 20S

Unread postby Bob » Tue May 17, 2016 10:21 am

Lot more steps than I thought it would be! <bugeye>

I found why I couldn't connect us Sunday using the app---I had not saved it to the headset so the CONNECT button was greyed out. Sounds like the headset is the final authority over the group, not the phone app. I wonder if, when a group gets together, do they all have to be in pairing mode before connecting using the app? Or not....
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Ed » Tue May 17, 2016 5:20 pm

What's the advantage of this, compared to running as a group on GMRS with PTT as before?

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but having everyone full-duplex on an open channel seems ...undesirable.
Ed

NAME: Ed Henderson
Bike(s): SV1000, Bandit 1277, Hayabusa
GPS: Garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: various profanities

Unread postby Broz » Tue May 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Ed I guess it depends on the size of the group. But it worked great on our last trip to Deals Gap. It was only 3 but way easier then having to use PTT. Good news is as long as you're not the primary you could tap out whenever and tap back in whenever.
Bob I don't think they have to be in pairing mode to use app. I listened to it a couple times. Also I wasn't in pairing mode when we tried in in your drive and I heard the test signal. Might just take a little messing w it to figure it out.
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Unread postby Bob » Tue May 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Ed wrote:What's the advantage of this, compared to running as a group on GMRS with PTT as before?

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but having everyone full-duplex on an open channel seems ...undesirable.

Ed, I plan to maintain my GMRS connection along with the ability to BT intercom--the 20S has enough BT channels so one can now get SR10 feeds with more than 2 riders on BT--so that, for instance a group of 4 riders that have GMRS and BT intercom can do "either/or", as needed. If some don't want to "pair-up", they can use the GMRS and everyone will hear it. Broz and I could either push the PTT or just speak thru the BT. That being said, if the GMRS user doesn't "tap out" of the BT connection before hitting the PTT, everyone else will hear the same audio coming from both sources with a delay which is bad news, so the person who wants to use the GMRS 'only' should "tap out" of the BT before doing so. And they can "Tap-IN" if they want back in to the BT. I think it opens more avenues of comm. With Broz & I on Sunday, there was no wind noise or disturbances, just the ability to talk without PTT--and the bonus was no more "SAY AGAIN, CAN'T HEAR YOU" lol. A couple times we ran out of BT range so we just moved over to the GMRS seamlessly. When it reconnected, we quit using the GMRS.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Bob » Tue May 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Broz wrote: Bob I don't think they have to be in pairing mode to use app. I listened to it a couple times. Also I wasn't in pairing mode when we tried in in your drive and I heard the test signal. Might just take a little messing w it to figure it out.

Yeah, I think you're right, just have to save it to the headset--thats the step I was missing. Once its in the headset, the phone app isn't doing anything. Not sure how many groups the headset can handle, but probably just one at a time.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ