Login    Register

Strong US $ makes importing parts a good deal

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
Strong US $ makes importing parts a good deal

Unread postby flip » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 am

I had been wanting to upgrade the rear shock on my Shiver. I happened to notice the US $ is pretty strong against the Euro so I started looking at ordering a shock from somewhere in Europe. I ended up ordering a Matris shock from Carpimoto. It is their lower end model but I got it for $500 shipped. I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on the shock but I'm very happy with the price.
flip

Re: Strong US $ makes importing parts a good deal

Unread postby Brick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:19 am

That sounds interesting. What do you think of the Shiver? You certainly don't see them around much.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby flip » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Brick wrote:That sounds interesting. What do you think of the Shiver? You certainly don't see them around much.

It is a very comfortable, sporty standard. Lots of leg room and easy on bad knees. It has enough power to be fun, well at least for me. It's one of those bikes that seems to urge you on. It can be the devil on your shoulder telling you to do it, do it harder, do it faster!

Some people have welded up custom mounts for hard luggae and have made a light weight sport tour out of them. If i didn't have my Guzzi set up with a big shield and hard luggage, I might would set mine up like that.
flip

Unread postby PirateRiderBen » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:42 pm

I considered doing that myself a couple years ago but wasn't able to determine the tank range of the bike. Seemed it might be 100-120 miles, which is too small for my tastes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live to ride, Ride to live.
PirateRiderBen

NAME: Benjamin Nathan Ealy
Bike(s): '08 K1200S, '99 VFR800, '05 K1200S, '07 BMW 328i
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 500
Bike-to-bike comm.: I yell REALLY loud.

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ