Login    Register

I rode today

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
I rode today

Unread postby Bob » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Just kidding. <grin> But I did roll my garbage to the street just now (2 wheels, does that count) and as I shivered back to the house I thought, "Maybe there is one among us who is crazy enough to ride today....?" It won't be back into the 50's for another week according to weather.com. People on the moto forums are getting ornery. <duel> But March is just around the corner. <bana>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: I rode today

Unread postby Ed » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 am

Rode the Bandit to the dealership last Saturday... was about 25°when I rolled out, definitely nippy.

Yesterday just felt raw... went out for a run in the afternoon, and it was tough staying warmed up.
Ed

NAME: Ed Henderson
Bike(s): SV1000, Bandit 1277, Hayabusa
GPS: Garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: various profanities

Unread postby Bob » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:13 am

Ed wrote:Rode the Bandit to the dealership last Saturday... was about 25°when I rolled out, definitely nippy.

Yesterday just felt raw... went out for a run in the afternoon, and it was tough staying warmed up.

Uda man, Ed! <udaman>

And Happy Birthday!! <olfart>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Brick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:27 pm

I had my mc mechanic friend come over Monday and we checked the valves on the Tenere'. At 34,150 miles ALL are right on NO changes needed. Then we were going to sync the throttle bodies and well they were IN sync NO adjustment was needed.

So while I did not ride I did mess with it! It's still kind of apart as on of my after market horns is well... not working correctly. I'll get to that some time soon.

Also last ride I did with the Knobbies my left arm and hand felt cold... Tested jacket today. Damn, both arms did NOT warm up. Jacket body is fine. So now I have a heated vest with non heated sleeves and I can still use the long Y cable I got so that I can use the gloves.

I'm pricing a http://gordonsheated.com/index.html jacket liner. The one I have now is a Gerbing but I think it was from after he stopped making them and the other company bought them out. I will ask however because they have a life time warranty on the ones they make. They are in Oregon so I'll call later.

Back to staying warm! BRRRRrrrrrr!

Oh Yea... Happy Birthday ED... a few days late.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Bob » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Bummer about the jacket. Are there any access panels where you can see some of the internal connections? Or maybe make your own. Might be just a wire thats come loose from heating/cooling cycles.

Horns: do you have the "car horns" like you get at NAPA? Thats what I have and they do periodically stop working. I usually blow them out with compressed air and then spray some WD40 inside them--usually works (dead bugs get in there too). One time I had to turn the little screw on the horn that controls the spacing in the vibro-mechanism to get it working again. Oh yeah--the mounting position is also important to keep them working--I think pointed down and slightly rearward.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ