Login    Register

Cabin Fever?

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
Cabin Fever?

Unread postby Bob » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Any body else got cabin fever? I need a 55F sunny day....bad! The good news is sunset today was 5:21, 10 minutes later than a couple weeks ago, and by Jan. 31 it will be 5:51, which is the equivalent of the sunset last Oct. 13. Hell, we rode to Erwin, TN on Oct 26!! <tour>
So based on this very sound, scientific reasoning, I hereby declare that the 2013 Official COFSTA Riding Season will begin on Feb. 1, 2013!! <olfart> (which just happens to be a Friday :)
All in favor say <yes!>.

Thats only 4 short weeks away. And nobody will complain if we sneak in an "unofficial" ride in the mean time, right? <joecool>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Cabin Fever?

Unread postby Yarbi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Couldn't agree more. Don
Yarbi

Unread postby Bluetiger » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 pm

<yes!>
Bluetiger

Unread postby Ed » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:35 am

I'm definitely ready to kick off a new calendar- soon.
Ed

NAME: Ed Henderson
Bike(s): SV1000, Bandit 1277, Hayabusa
GPS: Garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: various profanities

Unread postby Brick » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am

Happy New Year all!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Twisty Tom » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm

For the past two years we had a ride on New Year's Day. Terrible weather this year. Will be heading to Florida for two months in about a week or so. I'll be taking the bandit along on the back of the fifth wheel. Lots of good weather to ride but no good roads to ride on. All straight and flat. I sure look forward to better weather in the spring and another good riding season with the other old farts. I finally got around to checking the valve clearance on the bandit. I am very thankful that I did not have to make any adjustments. All the clearances were at or close to the top of the tolerance. The bike has 17,500 miles on it. I also need to check the SV 650 which has a little more mileage. Hopefully on that one I also will not have to get into actually taking off the camshafts.
Twisty Tom

Unread postby Bob » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Twisty Tom wrote:For the past two years we had a ride on New Year's Day. Terrible weather this year. Will be heading to Florida for two months in about a week or so. I'll be taking the bandit along on the back of the fifth wheel. Lots of good weather to ride but no good roads to ride on. All straight and flat. I sure look forward to better weather in the spring and another good riding season with the other old farts. I finally got around to checking the valve clearance on the bandit. I am very thankful that I did not have to make any adjustments. All the clearances were at or close to the top of the tolerance. The bike has 17,500 miles on it. I also need to check the SV 650 which has a little more mileage. Hopefully on that one I also will not have to get into actually taking off the camshafts.

Dang Twisty, didn't ya read my post? Season starts FEBRUARY 1st, not MARCH 1st!!! <olfart> You gonna get tired of circling those cloverleafs to get your twistie fix down there in gator land. <dope>

We'll be thinking about you while we're riding the twisties in Feb. <fonda>

BTW, take a look at this 10 day forecast NOW!! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/28226 I think I smell spring in the air.... <grin>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Brick » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

Next Tuesday looks pretty nice. <fonda>
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS