Login    Register

The Brotherhood of the Road

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
The Brotherhood of the Road

Unread postby Bob » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:48 pm

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the highway, waving to the members of my beloved clan...

...Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Road sofas!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa.

Oh, and Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little MORE money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Well isn't that special! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. Bermuda shorts and flip-flops. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep going.

Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

And whats with the Yamaha guys?? Those macho guys ride a bike made by a PIANO manufacturer and the logo is a pair of TUNING FORKS? Wassup with that? I don't wave at those wusses. No way!

I ride a Honda. I'll wave at Honda guys, but, even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and, by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands).
And isn't this what really makes The Brotherhood of the Road so special?
<wave>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: The Brotherhood of the Road

Unread postby Brick » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Ha Ha ha LOL! That pretty much sums it all up! [FLUSHED FACE]

Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Marc K » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Hey what about us Yammie guys. We like our farkles ! <squid>
2010 BMW R1200RT
Marc K

NAME: Marc Kitts
Bike(s): 2010 BMW R1200RT
GPS: Zumo 395
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena ST1

Unread postby Bob » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Marc K wrote:Hey what about us Yammie guys. We like our farkles ! <squid>

Fixed it for ya! <muaha>

Anybody else feel left out?
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Broz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:44 pm

LMAO, <muaha>
What about those Vespa guys? Let's not forget those KTM freaks on the orange bikes, what's up with orange everything
You missed your calling, you should be writing for motorcycle magazine.
Broz
Broz

NAME: John Brosnan
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R1200GSA
GPS: BMW NAV 5, iPhone
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena SR10/ SMH10 & Motorola MT352R FRS/GMRS

Unread postby Bob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Broz wrote:LMAO, <muaha>
What about those Vespa guys? Let's not forget those KTM freaks on the orange bikes, what's up with orange everything
You missed your calling, you should be writing for motorcycle magazine.
Broz

(Psssssst--don't tell anybody but i didn't write this--but i could have lol)
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ