Login    Register

New Play Toys

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
Re: New Play Toys

Unread postby Brick » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Steve,
Excellent... really looks good.
The 07 VFR was the MSTA's Annual Bike Raffle bike that year! A member, Tim in AR won it and he still loves it. I think it is one of the best looking VFR's ever. A great acquisition!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby flip » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 am

I picked up an orange, 2008 Aprilia Shiver this past Saturday up near Gatlinburg. It was a fantastic deal I scored on eBay.

I'm still rehabbing from knee surgery and I'm using a cane to walk. I managed to get on the bike for a short test ride. It wasn't sure I was going to be able to get off of it but I somehow managed to sort of slither off of it. <grin> That mile or so ride was great.

My Moto Guzzi seems very relaxed and mellos me out even when I'm making great time but this thing made me feel a bit wired, it was urging me to twist the throttle. Or maybe it was just my first time back on a bike since I blew up my knee.

I'm hoping to be able to ride in a couple of months. I'm really looking forward to that and meeting up with some of you guys.
flip

Unread postby Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 pm

flip wrote:I picked up an orange, 2008 Aprilia Shiver this past Saturday up near Gatlinburg. It was a fantastic deal I scored on eBay.

I'm still rehabbing from knee surgery and I'm using a cane to walk. I managed to get on the bike for a short test ride. It wasn't sure I was going to be able to get off of it but I somehow managed to sort of slither off of it. <grin> That mile or so ride was great.

My Moto Guzzi seems very relaxed and mellos me out even when I'm making great time but this thing made me feel a bit wired, it was urging me to twist the throttle. Or maybe it was just my first time back on a bike since I blew up my knee.

I'm hoping to be able to ride in a couple of months. I'm really looking forward to that and meeting up with some of you guys.

Neat--flybywire, ride modes, and Canbus. High tech. But ya know....... <worthlss>

<muaha>

I understand re. your knee. When I was getting back onto my bike after each knee issue healed, I was wondering if I was doing the right thing cause it felt tight, sore, and unstable. But nothing ever collapsed under me and after each ride the knee would feel much better! Like physical therapy. Really. <scoot>

Hope to see the Guzzi & Shiver on a ride soon!!
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby flip » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 pm

flip

Unread postby Bob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:39 am

NICE! <joecool>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby 007 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Talked to the guys at Traxxion Dynamics and they are going to put together their AK20 cartridges with full adjustability on the forks and a fully adjustable Penske shock for my VFR. Unfortunately, the Penske needs a 3 week lead time :(
Although fine for most riders, I just "need" a little more to keep the VFR wheels planted on the ground.
I will likely be taking a ride out for the installation Oct 21-24 and make a mountain run if the weather is nice. Otherwise, might be asking them to mail it to a local shop.

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Unread postby 007 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:32 pm

yamadog wrote:Sweet ride! I couldn't keep up with you before, well, I may not even SEE you with that! Well, maybe the back of you for a second... <rdr> Congrats on your new ride. <joecool>

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/O ... rue&isfb=1

<muaha>

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Unread postby PirateRiderBen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 am

I've drooled over the shiver for awhile now. Aprilias speak to me, For many reasons. One day I'll get my own hopefully! Nice bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live to ride, Ride to live.
PirateRiderBen

NAME: Benjamin Nathan Ealy
Bike(s): '08 K1200S, '99 VFR800, '05 K1200S, '07 BMW 328i
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 500
Bike-to-bike comm.: I yell REALLY loud.

Previous

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ