Login    Register

CORONA VIRUS

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
CORONA VIRUS

Unread postby Bob » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:55 am

Something I have noticed since the corona virus became our way of life: mass shootings have disappeared. So have cops shooting unarmed folks. Racial incidents stopped. No outrage and offense these days. Wow. Boring huh? <grin> But wait, could this catch on and persist after the virus is long gone? Just a brain fart from an Olde Fart.

So how has all this affected you? How are you staying entertained? Thoughts? Brilliant observations? Anybody? Bueller? <pop>

Opinions and other brain farts welcome.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: CORONA VIRUS

Unread postby tireatr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:18 pm

Bob

The world changed pretty dang quick. I have been steadily working. Borderline “Could work from home”, but would rather be at work with our peeps in a show of solidarity. Spending a lot energy shuttling food to my wife’s parents. They are 86 and pretty much can’t cook any longer. Lord knows We don’t want them anywhere near a stove. Just arrived in Little Switzerland with my “New to me” Multistrada. Like it in Union county, think I will love it in the mtns. Hope to ride with y’all again soon.

Footnote. I am sure there are still crazy things going on around the country but everyone is Covid-19 24/7
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Unread postby Brick » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Hmmm... which Multistrada? I was kind of looking at the 950.

Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Bob » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:53 pm

tireatr wrote:Bob the world changed pretty dang quick.......

Yes, probably the most world-changing event in the last 100 yrs other than one of the world wars. A wake-up call for humanity. It will change the way we operate in the future in ways we haven't even imagined yet. I hope to make it to see those changes. <olfart>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby tireatr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 am

Brick wrote:Hmmm... which Multistrada? I was kind of looking at the 950.
Brick

Dave, I got a deal on a friends 2011 touring S model. I remember Jeff Ashe saying to get a later model with the Skyhook suspension, but this one kinda fell in my lap. It’s gots full Ohlins and with an electronic module it becomes Semi Active. Looking forward to being able to “do it all” some days. I was looking at a Husky 701, but it would likely only be a 200 mile a day bike
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Unread postby Brick » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Cool!

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

Unread postby Buddhistbiker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:29 pm

Humans have only been around for a few million years of the 4.5 billion years the earths life. Earth is going to throw us off like a dog with a bad case of fleas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Buddhistbiker

Unread postby Bob » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:57 am

Buddhistbiker wrote:Humans have only been around for a few million years of the 4.5 billion years the earths life. Earth is going to throw us off like a dog with a bad case of fleas.

Since you started, be a shame not to post the rest of the diatribe: <grin>

"The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”
George Carlin
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Brick » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Whoa! Way too deep for me! <tits>

Bob wrote:
Buddhistbiker wrote:Humans have only been around for a few million years of the 4.5 billion years the earths life. Earth is going to throw us off like a dog with a bad case of fleas.

Since you started, be a shame not to post the rest of the diatribe: <grin>

"The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”
George Carlin
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ