Login    Register

Need camera to record in case there is a next accident.

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
Need camera to record in case there is a next accident.

Unread postby NC-Canuck » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Had a work meeting in Charlotte. Pleasant ride there. Good meeting. Heading home - north on Eastway Dr. as I am coming up to Central Ave I see a black Acura come out of a shopping mall across the street. They speed up as the cross into the center lane then keep coming over. And coming over. Move to the far right of my lane by the curb. They keep coming. Slam on the brakes honk the horn but they hit me anyways. New bike less than a week old. Knock me over the curb onto the sidewalk. Pisses me off. They take off. I race down the sidewalk. Get back on the road and chase them down Central with the help of a pickup with a Harley-Davidson sticker in the back window. Call the cops as I chase. They pull over into a parking lot and say I never saw you and did not know i hit you. Gimme a break. Their window was down and I was yelling through it as they hit me. $3k worth of damages. Bike in shop getting fixed. Gonna add a few farkles while it is in there. Fortunately no injuries and I did not go down. I am getting a camera. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NC-Canuck

NAME: Stephen Haferman
Bike(s): 2008 ST1300
GPS: Navigon on iphone5
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena Smh-10

Re: Need camera to record in case there is a next accident.

Unread postby Bob » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Damn Steve, that just sucks a biggun. Glad you are ok. Given the part of Charlotte you were in I am making assumptions re. the driver but might be wrong, but this reinforces my objective to get the hell out of Charlotte (to Morganton) as soon as I possibly can. Close calls are a way of life for me, so far no collisions in Charlotte (knock on wood). This was the F6b right? Hopefully its all cosmetic damage. I hope the driver was charged with failure to stop etc.

There are lots of cams made for cars, and of course theres the GoPro and others for bikes. Couldn't hurt. Esp. if you continue to risk life and limb in this madhouse.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby NC-Canuck » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:57 am

Yea it was the new F6B. And I was hit by a young Hispanic woman without a drivers license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NC-Canuck

NAME: Stephen Haferman
Bike(s): 2008 ST1300
GPS: Navigon on iphone5
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena Smh-10

Unread postby Marc K » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:46 am

There are several out there mostly for the automotive community. Search "dash cams" and you will see several options. Most are based on technology like we use in police in car cameras. They are constant recorders in either 30 or 45 second cycles. At the end of the cycle it dumps and starts a new cycle. If something happens you touch the button and it starts a hard recording plus the previous 30-45 seconds. They could be adapted to a MC mount. Walmart sells the Garmin unit for $45. Hope this helps
2010 BMW R1200RT
Marc K

NAME: Marc Kitts
Bike(s): 2010 BMW R1200RT
GPS: Zumo 395
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena ST1

Unread postby tripletango » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 pm

I bought an Apeman trawo. Good price excellent quality Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
tripletango

NAME: Richard Adamson
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring Yamaha FZ07
GPS: Garmin NUVI 550
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 20S SR10 Icom

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ