Login    Register

Trail Braking

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
Trail Braking

Unread postby Bob » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 am

I finally read this article since downloading it a couple years ago. It really makes sense and probably explains why the right side of my front tire gets shredded worse than the left side. <dope>

Something for me to try out on the next ride! Yall are probably already doing this stuff. <squid>

Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: Trail Braking

Unread postby LeeDavis » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Now that you know what trail braking is, listen to what other people think it is when they describe it. You'll get a chuckle - it seems there are more different descriptions than you can imagine.
LeeDavis

NAME: Lee Davis
Bike(s): Yamaha FJ-09
GPS: OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K BT

Unread postby Bob » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 pm

LeeDavis wrote:Now that you know what trail braking is, listen to what other people think it is when they describe it. You'll get a chuckle - it seems there are more different descriptions than you can imagine.

Yeah, somewhere I read that it consisted of skidding the rear tire with the brake so it would slide in a turn to make it turn quicker. <dope>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Clyde » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:33 am

Hi Guys, I thinkI'm back in the loop! Been cold in Md this winter but have gotten in a few rides on nice days, so many projects since full retirement I haven't been in Nc as much as I'd like, but should change soon. Last trip to Nc it rained for 3 days straight and then it was 20 degrees, Gary and I rode around in the car for three days and he ended up buying a bike...any way comments on trail braking, works especially well on our heavier sport touring bikes to settle the suspension and control of corner entry speed..also works great for tight turns at low speed..works in your sports car also if you like to DRIVE your cage, will note that works best on rear drive real cars, probably no need on your preius golf cart, Ha Ha!! Riding to Pa tomorrow for a breakfast meeting with some MSTA guys, supposed to be 50 degrees..since last posting I hit a deer in Wva, was on my RT, didn't go down and rode it home, deer hits don't get better than that..stqay safe see you all in a few weeks, Clyde
Clyde

NAME: Clyde McLaughlin
Bike(s): Yes

Unread postby Bob » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 am

Great--we're waiting for ya! <rdr>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin