Login    Register

T-boned on a track day?

Yak about ANYTHING; tap into the forum knowledge base.
  • Author
T-boned on a track day?

Unread postby Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 am

One of our long time but inactive members, Jim Calandro, sent out the email below to me and others on his mailing list. Sounds like a pretty bad crash, hope he recovers quickly. He is an "older phart" lol so I can imagine how he feels right now with a bunch of NEW aches and pains to deal with unrelated to aging.
But how do you get "T-boned" on a track day? I thought that was supposed to be the safest place to practice hooliganism...? <squid> And are Ducati parts difficult to find, or maybe hes just looking for take-off cast-aways....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well if you ride enough it is bound to happen. I got T boned entering turn one at CMP this past Sunday. I got knocked out and took a ride to the hospital. For some reason I have no brain bleed and no broken bones. What I do have is most of my left side covered in bruises and a black eye. I am fine as long as I do not breath. My ribs are very sore but I have been able to sleep with nothing more than Advil.

The reason for the email is my Hypermotard needs some parts. I have the foot peg, shift lever and clutch lever I need but I do not have the following fpr an air cooled 1100 S.

Left fork carbon fiber lower protector.

Left carbon fiber muffler cover

left hand guard and turn signal. I do not need the mirror just the part that goes into the end of the bar and the guard itself. If you have changed your mirrors and turn signals you may have these laying around.

I will be off my bike for a few weeks at a minimum. I am walking around like an old man. Yeah I know I am an old man so make that a very old man. I get tired easily do to the pain but I am able to keep my head clear by not taking any drugs.

If you would like to organize a ride during my convalescence drop me a note and I will share it with the group.

Jim

Jim Calandro
il Capo
US DESMO
http://www.usdesmo.com
704-843-0429
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Re: T-boned on a track day?

Unread postby tireatr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 am

Got the same e mail, Jim is a good guy. He adds a lot to the sport. I encouraged him to check out some Duc forums and such. This is where I have the best luck finding parts.
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Unread postby Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Yep, a *really* nice likeable guy for sure. He rode with us once over to Uwharrie, he was on a Duc Paul Smart replica. Very pretty machine.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=228&p=1706&hilit=smart#p1706
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby tripod » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Having been run over at speed once in an open class motocross race many years ago I know how he feels -- and I was only in my mid-30s. The corpsman's only question at sickbay was, "Major, what the hell have you been doing?"
tripod

NAME: John F. "Jay" Brosnan, Jr.
Bike(s): 2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
GPS: Garmin 590
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 20S EVO

Unread postby 007 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 am

Usually happens when someone takes the usual race line and another guy tries to stuff it up the inside but doesn't make it by.

NAME: Steve
Bike(s): Too many but still not enough
GPS: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with OSMand+
Bike-to-bike comm.: Gesturing and various Jedi mind tricks

Return to BRAIN PHARTZ