Login    Register

Howdy from Duluth Mn

Mission Statement, Member Intro's, Help Topics
  • Author
Howdy from Duluth Mn

Unread postby mike duluth » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Just met a fella on another forum called Brick. He sugested I check you out, so here I am. I love riding in your neck of the woods, some of the best roads ever. I'm going to be riding out of Erwin Tn from the 6th to the 10th of April. If anyone is interested in getting together PM me with a cell # and I can call ya when I get out there. So far there are 4 others talking about joing in the fun. It's great to ride with the locals, they know where all the good roads are. Thanks for takin in a guy from the Great White North.
mike duluth

Re: Howdy from Duluth Mn

Unread postby Bob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:23 pm

You admit to knowing Brick? <muaha>

Well, its a tough job but I guess we'll help you find a few good roads. Post your arrival/departure details in the Upcoming Rides Forum, will get more attention there!! <rdr>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby Bluetiger » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:48 am

Welcome aboard Duluth <toast>
Bluetiger

Unread postby Ed » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 am

beemerbob wrote:You admit to knowing Brick? <muaha>

That alone should be grounds for rejection <grin>

Welcome!
Ed

NAME: Ed Henderson
Bike(s): SV1000, Bandit 1277, Hayabusa
GPS: Garmin
Bike-to-bike comm.: various profanities

Unread postby mike duluth » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. How many members do you have? Looking forward to meeting some of you.
mike duluth

Unread postby Bob » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:45 pm

mike duluth wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. How many members do you have? Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Mike, we have 20+ but many of them work and are unable to ride weekdays. But we do ride weekends too. We just got another new member who lives in Bristol, TN, not far from Erwin; unfortunately he is shopping for a new bike since he just sold his BMW R100R so he won't be able to play tour-guide. Unless he rides your back-up bike. <tour>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby mike duluth » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Just picked up an rc51 in Nashville, it seems it's not quite ready to ride.
mike duluth

Unread postby Brick » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:39 am

?? You came down... bought a bike... gonna fix it up... then ride it around down here?? Hmmm... Ok

mike duluth wrote:Just picked up an rc51 in Nashville, it seems it's not quite ready to ride.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Bob » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Brick wrote:?? You came down... bought a bike... gonna fix it up... then ride it around down here?? Hmmm... Ok

Actually there are quite a few folks doing something similar, from what I have read. Like Brits or Germans buying a used bike in Cali, then flying in and riding around the West for a month, then selling it. <tour>

They usually have someone reliable to check it our first.
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Unread postby Brick » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I would like to be able to do that on my "proposed" trip to ride the Alps this year. But I guess I need someone over there that I could trust. :-/

Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
Brick

NAME: Dave Brickner
Bike(s): 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Garmin 660
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K B-T

Unread postby Bob » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Brick wrote:I would like to be able to do that on my "proposed" trip to ride the Alps this year. But I guess I need someone over there that I could trust. :-/

Brick

This guy, Francois Dumas, could be a real asset for you in planning the trip. Lives in Belgium--BMWST long time member. Nice guy--give him a shout, tell him what your plans are and that you saw him at BMWST.com He specializes in helping guys wanting to do the Alps on a shoestring. <grin> He does it for fun, mostly....plus a few Euro's.

http://europerides.com/rideblog/

Quote:
"I started this venture back in February of 2006, after getting multiple inquiries from folks over in the US about helping them set up a European riding tour. Either by just providing information, or by actually riding with them. Although there are a lot of possibilities for getting on a (semi)organized tour in Europe, most if not all of them are with larger groups of riders and with pretty ‘fixed’ routes. EuropeRides is doing things different there…. but you can read all about it in ‘What we do’."
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

Return to ABOUT COFSTA