Login    Register

Intro Vison28

Mission Statement, Member Intro's, Help Topics
  • Author
Intro Vison28

Unread postby Vision28 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 am

Looking for folks to ride with. Located 3.5 miles from the "The Store" at Hwy 11 and 178 base of the mountain north of Pickens. I work from home so it does not take a lot of arm twisting to get me for a quick evening ride. Have a couple of 50-60 mile loops that can be ridden in the evenings and get back before deer-30. Got a 1200 Bandit for curve carving <bana> or can go dual sport on a DR650. Also have a Vintage 1982 Yamaha Vision I've owned since new if you want to ride at a slightly slower pace....... Like riding a sporting but reasonable pace through the twisties so this sounds like the right group. (Mountain roads are not race tracks and its not a track day but we can still have fun and ride another day) Member of Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club (VJMC) and go to their rallies. 41 plus years of Motorcycles of all kinds. Ran the parts dept. of a large dealership (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki) while I was in college back in the day. Was alot of fun but did not pay well LOL......... Hope to ride with some of you soon!
Vision28

Re: Intro Vison28

Unread postby Bob » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi David, welcome to the group! There's a couple of guys down your way (Oldbutnotdead and Wheaton) close enough who could probably meet up with you for a late afternoon ride. You live in a prime area and I plan on riding down to the SC upstate this fall for some leaf peeping--great roads down there!

But feel free to show up at any posted ride!! <tour>
Bob
Bob
Site Admin

NAME: Bob Beale
Bike(s): 2023 R1250RT
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 30K & SR10

Unread postby wheaton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Welcome from a new member as well. I'm on an old man's bike but still have plenty of fun.

I love running up 178/215 to the BRP and to the west. I've only lived in the area for three years but am starting to get it figgered out. Still many roads I do not know.

Although prime riding season is upon us, it's a busy fall for me with out of town visitors in September and son getting married in November. In October, ill be up for weekend day rides...so ill be watching the upcoming ride section.

Hope to see you on a ride...
wheaton

Unread postby OldButNotDead » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:48 am

wheaton wrote:Welcome from a new member as well. I'm on an old man's bike but still have plenty of fun.

I love running up 178/215 to the BRP and to the west. I've only lived in the area for three years but am starting to get it figgered out. Still many roads I do not know.

Although prime riding season is upon us, it's a busy fall for me with out of town visitors in September and son getting married in November. In October, ill be up for weekend day rides...so ill be watching the upcoming ride section.

Hope to see you on a ride...

Me too. I'm about an hour from the store and its on my way to N.Ga, Hour and a half to Walhalla and bottom of the 28's to the Gap and Cherohalla.
OldButNotDead

NAME: Rod Brown
Bike(s): R1200GS LC 2016
GPS: Navigator V
Bike-to-bike comm.: Sena 20S; MU350R

Unread postby tireatr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:04 am

Welcome David! Great roads all around Western NC. I'm due for a Cashiers/Highlands run via 215/281/Cullowee Mtn road etc. Fall is near and I have Vaca time saved up!
tireatr

NAME: Ken Moore
Bike(s): Aprilias & Multistrada
GPS: memory
Bike-to-bike comm.: Cardo Packtalk Bold

Return to ABOUT COFSTA